October 15-16, 2011

Come visit these beautiful studios yourself on October 15-16, 2011 in Loveland Colorado! Please visit www.lovelandartstudiotour.com

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Red Sun Studio - Regina Wirsich Roberts

Regina Wirsich Roberts of Red Sun Studio Answers the 2013 LAST questioner!  Be sure to visit her beautiful and charming home studio in downtown Loveland during the Loveland Art Studio Tour on October 13 & 14 and October 19 & 20th!  More information can be found at www.lovelandartstudiotour.com or visit Regina's site at www.redsunstudio.com

Artist Name: Regina Wirsich Roberts
Studio Address:  407 Custer Ave
Medium: Mixed Media Painting
Phone: 970-203-9771
LAST Map Location: L7   (Maps can be picked up anytime at Lincoln Gallery or The Loveland Museum/Gallery

What is your favorite medium to work with?  For the first 15 years of my painting life I used oil colors.  Because of their toxicity, I transitioned to acrylic paints and just for fun I add glitter, gold leaf, beads & gem stones, etc.  It was at first a difficult transition, but I am loving it!

What cheers you up?  Being in my studio and blasting the music that inspires me.  Also, being with family & friends or watching a good movie, going for walks, watching nature, metaphysical studies, meditation

Which of the four seasons do you love the most and why?  I have always loved Spring & Fall.  Spring, because nature is awakening and everything becomes colorful again.
Fall, because of it's smells, harvest, the color changes, the crisp air.  I love watching the colorful trees illuminated by sunshine as they are pressed against a brilliant clear azure blue sky. 

Describe your studio in less than 5 words:  Klein aber oh-ho! Meaning: small but great!  




What is your favorite part about your studio?  It is on ground level, has great lighting and is located on the North side of the house, has a separate entrance and unrestricted view of the Rocky Mountains.

Little know fact about you as an artist?  I get my Inspiration mostly from music.  Before I start a painting, I search for a composition that is just right for the moment.   At times I play the same tune until the painting is complete.   At some point in my painting life, I realized that that music always shows up in my paintings.  For the viewer it can be an inspiring & uplifting experience as each painting is paired with the music used in its creation.  It becomes a three-dimensional experience.

Did you go to art school or are you self taught?  I am self taught and have been painting for almost 30 years. 

How did you become an artist?  I realize now that I have always been an artist, I just did not know it.  In my youth I taught arts & crafts to young children.  It came just naturally and I've always been around creative people.  I wrote many plays for puppet shows, painted back drops performed them and gave music lessons.  In my 30s I started to paint because I faced empty walls in my new home.  So I decided to do-it-myself.  I never imagined then that painting will become my life. 

Where is your favorite spot in Loveland and why?  Sculpture Park & Devils Backbone, both are inspiring!
If you could interview one person in the world, who would it be?   My grandmother

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vielen lieben Dank Scott, das ist ein sehr sehr grosses compliment! Sind Sie auch Kuenstler oder Sind Sie ein Liebhaber? Ich werde WahooArt.com erforschen. Regina

    ReplyDelete